WELCOME YA'LL

Thanks for stopping by -


IT IS MY GREAT REGRET THAT I MUST TELL YOU ALL THAT MUSICMEIHO, CANDY..HAS PASSED AWAY THIS WEEK.

I WILL TRULY MISS MY FRIEND AND MUSIC MENTOR.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

SOLOMON BURKE

I HAD A DREAM (1974)

AND I HAVE A RANT:

1863 - The Emancipation Proclamation was put into effect under Abraham Lincoln

1947 - Jackie Robinson became the first African-American major league baseball player of the modern era. While not the first African American professional baseball player in United States history, his Major League debut with the Brooklyn Dodgers ended approximately eighty years of baseball segregation, also known as the baseball color line, or color barrier.

1963 - "I Have A Dream" is the popular name given to the historic public speech by Martin Luther King, Jr., when he spoke of his desire for a future where blacks and whites among others would coexist harmoniously as equals. King's delivery of the speech on August 28, 1963, from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom was a defining moment of the American Civil
Rights Movement.

1974 - Solomon released this albumn ...

2008 - we have Barack Obama ... who said 'Change must be done with diplomacy"

Yeah - I know what has all this to do with music? WELL - whenever I listen to this album - all this comes to mind. Never lived it myself, Only seen it when I visit 'Murica, and don't understand it. 'Nuff said!

In the city I live in we are getting our FIRST EVER "Afro-centric school" as they are calling it! Don't understand that either ... why are the immigrants pushing to be segregated?? WHO is going to keep them from fighting & killing each other the way they are now is some of the schools?? They want to move those kids in the various gangs to that school. Who is going to want to teach their - the SWAT team??

In my day my Mother kept the rules on fighting really simple:
Rule 1: If you picked a fight and won - she kicked your azz for fighting.
Rule 2: If you didn't start the fight - and lost it - she your kicked your azz for losing AND then went and spoke to that person's Mother about their rotten kid!!

- AH WELL - I don't want to understand segregation. And I don't want to see it happen in my country either !! - end of rant!

ALL in all - it's a great album - and rarely shared. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

01 - I Have A Dream.mp3
02 - Now Is The Time.mp3
03 - Looking For A Sign.mp3
04 - Ring, Ring, Ring.mp3
05 - We Can Be Together Again.mp3
06 - Social Change.mp3
07 - I Ain't Gonna Give Up (Till I.mp3
08 - Mountain Top.mp3
09 - Precious Lord - We Shall Overcome.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hjbgtfxbn5y

Anonymous said...

Well, ya done it...I'm hooked!
Thanks. I'm glad to have both you (especially) and you healing music back in my life!

Luv ya