WELCOME YA'LL

Thanks for stopping by -


IT IS MY GREAT REGRET THAT I MUST TELL YOU ALL THAT MUSICMEIHO, CANDY..HAS PASSED AWAY THIS WEEK.

I WILL TRULY MISS MY FRIEND AND MUSIC MENTOR.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

LUTHER LACKEY

How about some new soul - in the ole school style? Here ya go ===

LUTHER LACKEY - I'M TALKING TO YOU (2005)
Daddy B. Nice's #97 ranked Southern Soul Artist
Luther Lackey is one of the most intriguing of the new generation of Southern Soul artists, a singer-slash-songwriter of the first order. And the best part is that his stuff has a power that hints at great things to come.
--Daddy B. Nice

About Luther Lackey

Luther Lackey is the brother of O. B. Buchana (now that's a talented family)and hails from the same home town as Buchana, blues-rich Clarksdale, Mississippi.

Lackey first arrived on the scene when he logged an important songwriting credit via Mr. Zay's 2003 chitlin' circuit hit, "She Only Wants To See Me On Friday." But he had already been recording music since 1998, self-produced albums that never found labels or distribution: among them, My Woman Has 5 Babies But None Of Them Are Mine, I Thought I Married A Fool (which marked the first appearance of "She Only Wants To See Me On Friday")and Down South Funk.

Lackey finally made a big splash with chitlin' circuit insiders with his solo debut, I'm Talking To You (Goodtime, 2005). Two songs from the album--"Scared Of Getting Caught" and "Call Your Outside Woman"--received substantial airplay on the Stations of the Deep South, establishing Lackey as one of the most promising of the new generation of Southern Soul artists.

5 comments:

MUSIC MEIHO said...

I'M TALKING TO YOU:

01 - Hell In The Bed.mp3
02 - Freak At The House.mp3
03 - Scared Of Gettin' Caught.mp3
04 - Thang Played With.mp3
05 - Call Your Outside Woman.mp3
06 - Two Minute Man.mp3
07 - She Only Wants To See Me On Friday.mp3
08 - I'm Going Home.mp3
09 - Knock The Dust Off.mp3
10 - She Cheated, She Lied.mp3
11 - Can I Tap That.mp3
12 - Lips That Don't Speak.mp3
13 - I Smell Funk.mp3
14 - Trapped in the Walls.mp3
15 - I'm Talking to You.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tvcbjd2lx1n

Arkane1 said...

Hey!!! It's just me! I got your other email. I was laughing as I read it. Thanks for sharing this. Sounds good! Never heard it before. Peace! :)
Have you ever heard of El Michels Affair? 2005 You might like them....

kenzo said...

hi

came for the Dells and found some others - this artist is new to me and look forward to giving a spin.

thanks

jahcisco said...

thanks.

Anonymous said...

thank you so much!!!