WELCOME YA'LL

Thanks for stopping by -


IT IS MY GREAT REGRET THAT I MUST TELL YOU ALL THAT MUSICMEIHO, CANDY..HAS PASSED AWAY THIS WEEK.

I WILL TRULY MISS MY FRIEND AND MUSIC MENTOR.

Friday, January 16, 2009

ROCKIE ROBBINS


For the Sake Of A Memory by ROCKIE ROBBINS
Fandalism Free MP3 Hosting

Biography by Ed Hogan (amg)

Born Edward W. Robbins, Jr. in Minneapolis, balladeer Rockie Robbins began singing at an early age. Working with famed arranger/producers Richard Evans (Natalie Cole, Peabo Bryson) and Johnny Pate (Curtis Mayfield and the Impressions, Lonette McKee, OKeh Records), Robbins made an impressive debut on his self-titled LP, which was released in the spring of 1979 on A&M Records. The ballad singles "If I Ever Lose You" and a cover of EWF's "Be Ever Wonderful" received a lot of radio airplay but weren't big sellers, although "Be Ever Wonderful" charted at number 67 R&B in late 1979. Another impressive fact is that the record was even made, as the original session tapes were somehow erased while en route from the recording studio to the record company. Although Rockie Robbins wasn't a major seller, A&M believed in Robbins and kept him as an artist. Teaming with producer/arranger Bobby Martin -- whose previous credits including arranging a slew of hits for Gamble & Huff's Philadelphia International Records and fellow A&M signees LTD with lead singer Jeffrey Osborne -- Robbins' second LP, You and Me, was issued the spring of 1980. The title track went to number nine R&B. The next single, the danceable, inspiring "Hang Tough," made it to number 70 R&B. Robbins' other A&M singles were "After Loving You," "Time to Think," and "I Believe in Love" (all were moderate hits). Switching to MCA Records, Robbins earned the distinction (like Loleatta Holloway and Ronnie McNeir, among others) of having two self-titled LPs in his catalog. The MCA LP was released in early 1985 and there was one charting single around the time of its release ("We Belong Together").

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.mediafire.com/?ikmtzymtcdr

trakbuv said...

Wonderful artist - deserved as much attention as his fellow big-voiced comrade, Peabo Bryson. I believe he released another LP in the 90s, but I have only heard tracks/singles from it (all of which were up to his usual polished best).

Many thanks again Musicmeiho

Raggedy said...

Thanks a million. This is a true gem. I've never heard of him before. He is absoluely fantastic -- such a beautiful sweet and clear voice!

Anonymous said...

Being one who has been an avid connoisseur of music across a vast variety of genres, I was blessed enough to hear this gentleman when this "LP" first came out. Artist such as he and Randy Brown where heating up "turntables" during the original release time periods. Upon a relocation to a different state to reside, this LP and many like it were lost. I to this day feel there was an underlined plot to obtain some of the hottest music of the time. Though I was paid for my loss, I was never able to quite get my collection back the same. This gem was one of the missing links. I loved this LP and was always like the guy on the commercial who told my friends, "No my brother, you got to get your own!" I searched for quite some time for this selection and found it a short time ago. However your copy has better clarity than what I had. THANX A MILLION!!! And God Bless!