WELCOME YA'LL

Thanks for stopping by -


IT IS MY GREAT REGRET THAT I MUST TELL YOU ALL THAT MUSICMEIHO, CANDY..HAS PASSED AWAY THIS WEEK.

I WILL TRULY MISS MY FRIEND AND MUSIC MENTOR.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

ISAAC Hayes - R.I.P.

Boomp3.com
WELL - I can't tell you how sad this makes me feel. I remember when he started changing the music scene - when his music started filtering up to Canada. It makes me feel incredibly old. sigh!!

I remember the first time I saw him live - Spandex pants and a bunch of body chains - seems like just yesterday. And my girlfriend and I decided we would NOT kick him out of bed even if he was eating crackers. (That was/is high praise indeed.)

I can remember him walking into the bar where I worked later that same week - fully dressed. (Good thing 'cause there was about 3 feet of snow outside!!) You could have knocked me over with a feather - I thought I was seeing things. And he was so polite. And soft spoken. AND how good he smelled (Aramis?) ... And how surprised I was - he did not have a big entourage. Just him and his friend.

And how unassuming he was when the band asked him to join them and do a song ....
AHHH I remember it well .... AND here is the song he did ..... AND did he go home alone??? I'll never tell.....

R.I.P. Isaac - we'll miss you ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the kind of story I want to hear. Thanks for sharing with us.

SweetE811 said...

i miss him too! as i write this i am listening to my original fold out album cover of the Black Moses. he will never be replaced. heaven is full of great singers Isaac, Marvin, Barry,James Brown,Luther,Tyrone Davis ,Johnnie Taylor